Temporary Signs for Temporary Events
- No signs may be placed in Texas Department of Transportation rights of ways
- Signs placed on private property must have written permission from the property owner.
- Signs must be placed at least three (3) feet from the edge of the pavement or curb.
Size and Height Restrictions
- Signs in public rights of way are limited in area to four square feet. Height is limited to three feet from grade.
- Signs placed on private property must meet design regulations relating to size and height of the particular zoning district of the property.
Duration of Signage Allowed
- Signs in the public rights of way may be in place no more than 24 hours before the first day of the event and must be removed within 24 hours following the last day of the event.
- Signs placed on private property may be placed no more than 15 days prior to the event and must be removed within 3 days following the last day of the event.
- No temporary events signage shall be in place longer than 30 days.
- Signs should not be placed in a manner that interferes with vision, or otherwise affects public health, safety and welfare.
- No lighting, balloons, streamers or other devices or materials may be attached to the sign.
- Signs may not be placed on any roadway appurtenances, including, but not limited to bridges, traffic control devices, official signs, sign supports, light standards, poles and delineators.
- Sponsorship of the event may be indicated on the signs, but must be secondary to the promotion of the event.
- Signs may be placed no more than one time in six months for the same events
- Signs for the same temporary event may not be placed less than 100 yards apart along a street right of way.
Click here to download the Temporary Sign Rules and Application