The City encourages special events for the greater good, cultural diversity, and the promotion of the City. Some gatherings and organized activities may place unique demands on public resources or pose a potential danger to public health, safety and welfare. In order to plan for these demands and ensure safety, it is necessary that the City receive advance notice of these events.
A Special Event Permit is a written authorization from the City to hold an event. This permit is necessary when an event involves one or more of the following activities:
- Closing a public street
- Blocking city owned property
- Sale of merchandise or food/beverages on city owned property
- Erecting a tent larger than 200 square feet on city owned property
- Installation of a stage , trailer or other portable buildings on city owned property
- Placement of portable toilets, temporary no-parking signs or pedestrian boundary markers on city owned property